Thank you Stu, of Something to Stu Over, for nominating me for this award. You are an awesome!
If you want to learn what humility looks like from a beautiful Christian example of someone who knows I encourage you to visit Stu’s site!
1. Use the sunshine blogger award logo
2. Give thanks to the blogger that nominated you
3. Answer the 11 questions given to you
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 questions
Here are Stu’s questions:
1. What, in your opinion, is the most majestic of all God’s creation?
Hmm, I’d say little humans… Here’s why – we meet and fall in love with others, and maybe stay together and marry, or maybe move on, but when we have a child of our own there is no courting, learning to love or anything else… It is the deepest love at first sight event that I think can happen to a person.
2. Are you a read the book type of person or a wait for the movie type?
Ugh… I’m really a “wait for the movie” type, but when I get on a roll reading it is always better.
3. What topic do you feel is the least discussed but the one most needed one to be discussed?
Depends on the audience, right? Having said that… Learn to love yourself unconditionally (easier said than done) and then teach others through your example. Try discussing that as a topic! I don’t hear it too often on a broad scale, but if we did do that and talked openly with others about it then maybe there’d be a better future for us all. Gosh, there are a lot more, but that struck me, so…
4. Do you prefer hanging out with a group of friends around a fire or chilling alone by a lake?
Okay, I love, love, love to fish, so the lake sounds like my answer. I also like sitting around a good fire with my sweetie and family and friends sipping on adult beverages and having some good conversations and lots of laughter.
5. What inspires you to keep blogging?
Whew! I honestly love to see what my muse puts on me each day and then read what I end up writing. I am confident God works through me with my words and the more I write the more accomplished I feel. I will have a book of poetry coming out in a few months, and I have optimistically labeled it Volume One, so there’s that.
Blogging helps me be a witness to -“sometimes you just need to do what you would advise other’s to do,” and I do love writing, so why not put myself out there. The same with art. Who knew I’d start painting and selling art. Writing, probably… Painting, not so much… But, I’m doing it and feeling proud!
6. Do you believe the world is going to hell in a hand basket? Why?
Oy vey… Yes, in a lot of ways I think we are, but that isn’t to say we cannot change. I stopped watching the news because I don’t believe the “spin” all stations put on it, plus my blood pressure has improved since. I believe God brings us (the world) into and through adversity to teach us, so here we are.
There doesn’t seem to be any compromise anymore, at least not that I can see. Politics around the globe sucks! Until we learn to talk through our differences and become a world with a common goal we will, possibly, continue to spiral around the hand basket…
7. If you are a Christian, would you be willing to write your testimony as a blog post?
I am a Christian, and I may write my testimony when I feel God calling me to do so, but until then…
8. If you have written your testimony would you be so kind as to send the link?
See Q&A 7
9. What is the current color of your kitchen?
Kind of a very neutral green… Grayish-green…
10. What is your dream car?
Umm… I am not much of a “car person,” but I like a lot of different brands and styles… I guess I don’t have one unless a 1970 Cutlass ragtop counts.
11. Where did the phrase “by the skin of my teeth” originate?
Confession… I looked it up:
What’s the origin of the phrase ‘By the skin of your teeth‘? The phrase first appears in English in the Geneva Bible, 1560, in Job 19:20, which provides a literal translation of the original Hebrew: “I haue escaped with the skinne of my tethe.”
My Nominee’s: If you choose to participate…
- What verbal graffiti do you use too much? (Examples: Like…Well anyway… I know, right… Huh… Umm…)
- What is your favorite color?
- Do you love, hate or couldn’t care less about professional sports?
- What’s the name of your longest-time best friend?
- What’s the funniest nickname you have ever heard?
- Do you have a nickname that you can/will share?
- Have you ever started laughing really hard just by thinking about something? If so, and you can remember, what was it?
- What are three of your “bucket-list” to-do’s?
- Would you rather have a lake house or a mountain chalet or something else?
- What country would you live in if you couldn’t live in the one you live in now?
- Do you believe that people can change? Why or why not?